1. Name and contact details of data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by VBB Rechtsanwälte.
Phone: +49 (0)211 367770
Fax: +49 (0)211 3677736
Data Protection Officer:
Stephan Schumacher (Data Protection Officer TÜV)
The data protection officer of the law firm VBB Rechtsanwälte can be reached at the above-mentioned address or at email@example.com respectively.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.wirtschaftsstrafrecht.de, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- to ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system safety and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for the collection of data. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address. You can unsubscribe at any time; you can send your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail at any time.
c) When using our contact form
To register for the VBB-Praxisforum, we offer you the possibility to contact us via a form provided on the website. The specification of a valid email address is required so that we know from whom the request originates and in order to be able to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after you have completed your request.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required for the execution of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies may, however, result in you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed in line with requirements and continuously optimised.
On the other hand, we use the tracking measures in order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for you for the purpose of optimising our offer. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
We use the open source software Matomo (formerly Piwik) for the analysis and statistical evaluation of the use of the website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie about website usage is transferred to our servers and summarised in pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to enable our website to be designed according to requirements. The information will not be passed on to third parties.
Under no circumstances will the IP address be associated with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). Your visit to this website is currently recorded by Matomo Web Analysis. Click here so that your visit is no longer recorded.
6. Compliance hotlines
VBB Rechtsanwälte operates whistleblowing hotlines ("compliance hotline" or similar) within the framework of internal whistleblowing systems through its lawyers appointed as external compliance counsel.
When receiving calls via the hotlines as well as e-mails within the scope of the whistleblower systems, VBB Rechtsanwälte may process personal data of the whistleblower as well as of the person affected by the respective report. Data processing takes place within the framework of the legal requirements of the GDPR and the Federal Data Protection Act. A comprehensive explanation of the data processing as well as, among other things, the instruction about the rights of the whistleblower will take place within the framework of the given reporting procedure via the respective preliminary information.
7. Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins of the social networks Xing, LinkedIn and Twitter on our website on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR in order to make our law firm better known. The advertising purpose behind this is to be regarded as a legitimate interest in the sense of the GDPR. The responsibility for the data protection-compliant operation is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
Our website uses XING's social media plug-in. Therefore, when you access this website via your browser, a connection is established to the servers of XING AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. This provides the share functions (e.g. the display of the counter value). Personal data will not be stored when you access this website. In particular, XING does not store any IP addresses. Neither will your usage behavior be evaluated. You can read the current information on data protection with regard to the "Share Button" as well as other relevant information at Xing.
Our website uses LinkedIn's social media plug-in. Therefore, when you access this website through your browser, a connection is established to the servers of LinkedIn Corp., 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as "LinkedIn"). You can recognize LinkedIn plugins by their logo or by the "Recommend" button. Please note that the plugin establishes a connection between your Internet browser and the LinkedIn server when you visit our website. LinkedIn is thus informed that our website has been visited with your IP address. If you click on the "Recommend button" of LinkedIn and are logged into your account at LinkedIn at the same time, you have the possibility to link content from our website to your profile page at LinkedIn-Profil. In doing so, you enable LinkedIn to assign your visit to our website to you or your user account. We do not get any knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and its use by LinkedIn. For further details on the collection of the data and your legal options as well as setting options, please contact LinkedIn. These will be made available to you at LinkedIn.
8. Google Maps
This page uses the Google Maps map service via an API. Provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use the features of Google Maps, it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers and an easy retrievability of the places indicated by us on the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
You can find more information on the handling of user data in Google's data protection declaration.
9. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, unless it has been collected from us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR; to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our office.
10. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
11. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
12. Topicality and change of this data security explanation
This data protection declaration is currently valid and as of May 2018. Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. You can call up and print out the current data protection statement at any time on our website at www.wirtschaftsstrafrecht.de will be.